Sunday, March 23, 2014

Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant

Each book in Veronica Roth's series, Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant, is spellbinding. I read all three in five days. I enjoyed the complexity of the social and political systems - also the complexity of the characters. No one was pure good-guy or fully bad-guy.

Reading so fast, I only managed one quote on page 100 in Allegiant:

Take a person's memories, and you change who they are. 

There were lots of interesting treatments on so many real world and complex issues. I wonder if my attention on memories is due somewhat to the last book I read.

Having the last book alternate in Tris' and Tobias' point of view through me at first, since it was different from the first two books. There had to be a reason. I  sure was unhappy about that reason, but it made the author's decision make sense in the end.

I haven't seen the movie yet. How does it compare to the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment