Sunday, September 8, 2013

Mari's Books of August

I wanted to read a classic to my kids this summer, so I chose William Golding's Lord of the Flies. I think they expect something slow and dry, even if the story is good, when they hear "classic." But with such a weird and wicked story, they were certainly captivated. We stayed up quite late a couple of August nights and finished it quickly.
Page 137: The half-shut eyes were dim with the infinite cynicism of adult life. 

Some time ago I had picked up a little book at our local library's overstock sale, Sinister Sudoku by Kaye Morgan. Both my mom and my MIL like to do sudoku. I thought I'd pass it along to one of them after I read it. Story was fine but it's not a book I need to keep.

And since then I have not been reading much. Busy getting ready for school, our family trip to Silverwood, getting our exchage student enrolled and ready. I subbed a six day assignment, starting the second day of school. I thought I'd get lots of reading in with lunches and prep periods, but I found that I actually had to do lots of prep. It wasn't until the last day or two that I read anything. I do like the book I'm currently reading. It's a good September book.

Always carry a book. *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment